We all know what time of the year it is…BACK TO SCHOOL! Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I go back in just 3 days and I can’t quite work out whether I’m excited or not. I mean part of me is, but I know that after the first week of being at school again I’m gonna want it to be the holidays again! I mean Year 9 just sounds scary in itself! I know for a lot of people school can be quite stressful and can sometimes be quite straining and difficult too, so today I wanted to do a little advice post about how to deal with it. This is going to be just some straight forward advice, no inspirational quotes to sugar coat it. I wrote another advice post a little while back about ‘How To De-Stress’ which you can have a read of HERE too. So whether you have already gone back to school, or are still awaiting the dreaded day like me, I hope that this post can help you out in one way or another.
- Get Homework Done The Night You Get It – Homework is one of those things that we all tend to get quite a lot of and handling all the different pieces and subject due dates can become quite difficult. The work is normally issued out on a daily basis, so by attempting to get the homework for that day all completed in that same afternoon saves the potential confusion and worry of the work piling up throughout the week. Of course, not all pieces are the sort that can be done in one night, but by doing the pieces that are completable saves you the hassle of doing them later on.
- Prioritize – This point ties in with tip number 1; with potentially a lot of assignments to complete it may seem a little over whelming. By ordering the things that you need to do will give you structure and ensures that you get the work that is most important done first. The way you order it can be in any way, shape or form be it most to least important, longest piece of homework to the shortest or by the homework which is due soonest, which is one of my personal favs.
- To Do Lists – This may seem like a simple one but it can be the difference between getting everything done or missing things out. Just by making quick note of things on a post-it or in your planner will help you stay organised, letting you tick off all the things that you’ve done and let you see the things that you’ve yet to complete.
- A Social Detox – I feel as though we can get so wrapped up in social media, I mean one minute we’re finishing off some maths homework, the next our phone is suddenly in our hands and we’re scrolling through Instagram endlessly. (I am totally guilty of this tehehe!) A few days or even a week away from social media will not just give you time for school work, but give you time to do things in the day that you wouldn’t otherwise have done.
- Don’t Follow The Drama – As tempting as it may be to be on the front line of all the gossip and drama, it may just be best to stay away from it all. Following the drama could cause you to become unintentionally involved or dragged into the problems, which may possibly cause you more stress and worries.
- Study Breaks – Not every night has to be a working night, you deserve to have some breaks once in a while. Whether you just have a day of doing no homework or take 10 minutes intermission breaks between revision, whatever works best for you, as long as you give your brain a little rest from all the work every now and then.
- Don’t Compare Yourself To Others – The thing is, when going back to school a lot of things tend to change. They’ll be new teachers for example and sides of others that you may never have seen before, but with all that’s going on around you just continue to be yourself and keep doing you.
- LAUGH IT OFF! – Sometimes all ya gotta do is crack a smile and move on, school passes and in time it will all be over so, as hard as it may be, try to enjoy it!
And that is all I have for ya! I hope that with a lot of people going back to school now and with some already back at the moment, that this post will come in handy for you. Show it to your friends, share it around and I hope that it did help you out. I will be back next week with another new post, but if you can’t wait that long then you can keep up to date with me on Twitter, where I currently have a poll running all about the new content that should be coming soon to ‘Olivia Alesha’!
P.S: I know this is a random question, but what to you guys think of the new Instagram update where you can zoom in on pictures? If we’re not buddies on Insta already then just drop me your ‘@’ below! Byesies! Xxxx