Heyyyy! I'm back again this weekend with a super exciting post for you all. Now I haven't done a recipe post in some time and I thought, why not do a nice little foodie post that relates back to the Autumn season. I'm pretty sure that the majority of us like to indulge in a good Starbucks drink every now and then, but I know not all of us like to always splash out on it, so today I'm going to show you how you can make your very own Fall Edition drink: The Salted Caramel Mocha! I paired up with my one of my bestest blogging and real life friends Morgan from 'Just Morgs'! It had been so long since we collaborated, I think the last time was November 2015 on this post. Morgan will be showing you how to make the classic Pumpkin Spice Frappe over on her blog so make sure that you check it out and I will leave more info about her post down below.
- 3/4 cups of coffee (For de-caf subsitute out the coffee)
- 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of hot choc
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the topping:
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Caramel sauce (optional)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Prepare coffee as you would normally; Pour the boiling water over the coffee granules.
- Spoon the hot chocolate powder into your cup, followed by the caramel sause and sea salt.
- Pour the prepared coffee over the hot chocolate mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Heat the milk over the stove or in th microwave until it begins to bubble and boil.
- Add the milk to the mixture and stir well.
- Taste and add in more caramel cocoa and/or sea salt to taste.
- Now sit back and relax to enjoy your Salted Caramel Mocha (and snap in a few fall photos for Instagram too!)
Now you have yourself your very own Salted Caramel Mocha! You can now make your own fabulous autumnal drink without having to run over to Starbucks to get it. This honestly tasted sooooo good and I really hope that you enjoyed reading today's post. Make sure you Tweet @olivia_alesha if you re-create this drink. Don't forget to check out Morgan's post so you can learn how to make yet another incredible fall staple beverage! Speak to you again soon!
P.S: Mini confession: I have never, ever tried a Pumpkin Spice Latte before! What would you say is your favourite Starbucks Drink? Byesies! Xxxxx