Hey guys! Welcome back, this is my first post of 2018! How was your New Years eve/day. My New Years eve was spent at a party and then my New Years day was pretty much me just being a lethargic overtired mess! Every year I have this thing where I make a prediction for the year. Last year was the year of change for me, this year I came up with the words realisation and acceptance. I feel like those word kinda come in a pair and I feel like already those words have applied to my year so far. This month I really want to focus on myself, self development and really just have a lil detox. So today I’m going to be giving you guys some advice on how to/ how I go about my January Detox and some of the best ways to cleanse your mind.
1) Know what makes you happy and continue to explore that. It can be hard to find things that you like but it’s when you stop searching, that you just stumble upon something that you really love. Once you’ve found that thing, or maybe it’s something you’ve like for a while, continue to explore that. Like me for example, one of the things I love is dance. To explore that I try different styles of that and I audition for places, travel around, meet new friends, choreographers and people in agencies and the industry and that makes me happy. Knowing what makes you happy is great but not quite knowing is just as thrilling as you’re exploring and discovering simultaneously.
2) Focus more yourself. It’s easier said than done but once you get there self-love becomes so much easier and effortless. Having a mental detox can lead you to be able to focus more on yourself. Don’t mistake caring for yourself as being selfish because it’s far from it. Caring for yourself simply ensures that you are in the best possible before attempting to attend to another persons needs. Knowing yourself and your own boundaries really helps you to focus on what brings you the most happiness.
3) Evaluate how you feel and find the source of those problems. If you find yourself in a difficult position, as mentally challenging as it may be, dissecting those problems will help you uncover the source of them. By doing so you can put your mind at rest after you understand the issue and how to resolve it. This is will make you feel more at ease and feel as though you have well and truly detoxed.
4) Reflect on 2017 and realise / understand what went wrong last year and what didn’t make you happy. This one I find is key to being able to move on with no strings attached to last year. Although you may have subconsciously ‘left things in 2017’, sometimes you may do that quite abruptly or may have left a few loose ends which you want to tie up. Mentally just going through this and gaining some clarity will put you at ease and give you a cathartic feeling and make you feel that you can well and truly put that thing behind you and move on.
5) Understand what you want and break down how you want the achieve it. This is a nice way to end your January detox. Setting yourself lil goals and how you will go about them.
I haven’t done an advice post in so so long and they are honestly my fave posts to write. Drop me any suggestions for more advice posts that you would like to see in the comments!
P.S: I’m trying to get to 600 followers on my Twitter account so if you don’t follow me, you may want to head over. You’ll get exclusive sneak peaks at posts before they even go up and about my weekly antics! Byesies! Xxxx