Heya! Today I'm back with a new baking post and I don't think I've done a baking recipe since last year at Christmas actually! I feel like there was just so much to choose from when Christmas treats are conserned like there are cakes, cookies and all sorts but today I decided to share with you one of my personal faves. I'm going to be walking you through how I made these super simple and festive Rudolph Cinnamon Cookies! They are so cute and are different to your traditional gingerbread biscuits. Now I'm gonna stop babbling on and head straight on into the recipe.
RECIPE : FOR THE COOKIES
Makes 60 Rudolph cookies
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 150g butter
- 120g sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Gas mark 4/350 degrees F) and line your baking trays.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and butter into a bowl.
- Use your fingers to rub together the ingredients until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Add in the beaten egg, cinnamon and nutmeg and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Lightly flower your work surface and briefly knead the dough.
- Next, roll out the dough onto a floured work surface until about 4-5mm thick.
- With your cookie cutter, cut the shapes out of the dough and transfer them to the baking tray. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Leave them to cool completely before icing.
FOR THE DECORATION
- 2 tablespoons of Icing sugar
- Red food dye
- Black food dye
- Mix the icing sugar in bowl with enough water to form a thin icing.
- Divide the icing into 3 bowls.
- Dye one of the batches red, another black, and then leave the last one white.
- Transfer the icing into a piping bag and decorate the reindeer to resemble a red nose, main body and antlers using the three colours
- Leave the icing to set and then enjoy!
Voila! Now you have your very own Rudolph cookies, I hope that you liked today's post and remember to tweet me a picture @olivia_alesha if you recreate this. I had such a tough job picking just the one recipe to share with you since I have so many that I want to show you, but I will have to save those for a later date. Sadly there were no winners for the shoutout from last week's post but there will be one last chance to win one for the new year when I return back. I won't be posting until the new year so until then I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an amazing new year and I shall see you 2017! Enjoy the rest of your week!
RIDDLE: WHAT DOES A SNOWMAN LIKE TO EAT FOR BREAKFAST?
P.S: These Christmas riddle shoutouts finish at the end of December, would you guys like me to continue running frequent lil' competitions on my blog in the future? Byesies! Xxxxx